A great way to meet local community pro-life activists is through participation in your local 40 Days for Life campaign. 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that takes a determined but peaceful approach to show local communities the atrocity of abortion through praying outside of abortion facilities. Your group can sign up for a regular time slot or go anytime during the Fall or Spring campaigns to help end abortion through prayer. Check out the national website for 40 Days for Life here.
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Post- Abortion Healing” topic card
- “Abortion Pill Reversal” drop cards
- Look up your local 40 Days for Life campaign to learn more about what is happening in your area.
- Poll group members to determine the level of interest for participating in an event.
- Reach out to the organizer to sign up for a few hours of the campaign or you can create an account online to sign up.
- Pick a date and time to pray outside a local abortion facility.
- Set up an online form or have a sign-up sheet for group members to commit to a time slot.
- Attend the 40 Days for Life campaign event. Pray to end abortion and speak with women who may pass by to enter or exit the facility. Remember to show love and respect no matter what since you not only represent yourself, but your group, SFLA, and the pro-life movement.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org.