It is old news (to the pro-life movement, at least) that Planned Parenthood has been targeting minority communities throughout its entire existence. Planned Parenthood’s founder, Margaret Sanger, was a eugenicist who wanted to exterminate “inferior races” through “selective breeding.” And she worked closely with Lothrop Stoddard, an even crazier genocidal maniac who believed in white supremacy and fueled Nazi ideas.
In recent months, with the national dialogue focused heavily on race, Planned Parenthood has been forced to do some reckoning with its past. And pro-life group The National Black Pro-Life Coalition is hitting them on it again with the announcement of a racial discrimination lawsuit.
The Coalition noted wants to “investigate and hold Planned Parenthood accountable for their continuing violations of civil rights laws,” especially because their business model “ha[s] had a tremendously negative and lasting impact on Black women and children – and, overall, the Black family.”
And according to the Restoration Project‘s Catherine Davis, Planned Parenthood’s “actions violate the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which made it illegal for recipients of federal assistance to discriminate on the basis of race.”
Lawsuits unfortunately crawl at a snail’s pace through the legal system, but it’s great news that Planned Parenthood is being called out for their racist business model in a big way. After all, these stats are unacceptable:
- Almost 80% of Planned Parenthood’s abortion facilities are located in minority neighborhoods.
- 88% of its new “mega facilities” are located within walking distance of minority neighborhoods. A few fast facts:
- Black women have the highest abortion rate by far (nearly half of pregnancies end in abortion in many places).
- The abortion ratio is 401 abortions per 1,000 live births.
- In some cities, like New York, more black babies are aborted than born.
- In America today, a black child is five times more likely to be killed in the womb than a white child.
- About 13% of American women are Black, but they submit to over 38% of the abortions.
- More African-Americans have died from abortion than from AIDS, accidents, violent crimes, cancer, and heart disease combined. It’s estimated that 19 million Black babies have been killed by abortion since its legalization.
- Since 1973, abortion has reduced the Black population by over 25%.*
*Arrived at by multiplying an estimated population total of 325,719,178 by 13.4%: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217