Students for Life is relaunching our Missionaries for Life program with a new mission!
Mission: Deploy young people to change culture!
But what does that mean?! That means that SFL wants to bring YOU to our national headquarters in Virginia to provide training in leadership, apologetics, dialogue, sidewalk advocacy, rapid response, and then send you out on the road to take what you have learned and put it in action on campuses and in communities.
Missionaries will have the opportunity to engage with all aspects of SFL’s outreach from our National Field Program, to Rock for Life, Pregnant on Campus, and Pro-life Future. They will also have many opportunities to create and lead pro-life outreaches, counter protests, and community activism events.
Specific plans for this fall include:
- Take one of SFLA’s display tours through campuses in our southern region.
- Counter protest Planned Parenthood’s election tour.
- Organize and run Pro-Life Majority rallies across the country.
- Sidewalk advocacy with 40 Days for Life’s fall campaign.
Missionaries for Life will be located in our Virginia headquarters during training and between events. Missionaries will receive housing, a $200 monthly stipend, and a food stipend while traveling. Expenses beyond these each Missionary will have to fundraise to cover. SFL will offer fundraising training, materials and an online fundraising page – all donations to a Missionary will be tax deductible.
Applicants can be current students who want to give a semester to the pro-life movement or a recent graduate. The Fall 2016 Missionary for Life program will run from August 22nd through November 18th with an option to stay through January to help with planning and executing SFL’s outreach during the annual March in DC and the SFLA National Conference. The Spring 2017 Missionary for Life program will run from February 6th through May 5th.
Applicants should have some pro-life experience, a valid driver’s license, and a willingness to live in community with the other accepted Missionaries. Travel will be required, while applicants do not need to have their own vehicle they may be expected to drive a 15 passenger van for community outreach events.
To apply for SFLA’s new Pro-Life Apprenticeship, please send in your resume and cover letter to Tina Whittington at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited so apply now for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017!
SFLA Missionary for Life
Summary: Primary responsibility is to assist in the success of the Students for Life through contributing in the effectiveness of the headquarter office, planning and organizing campus and community outreach, and assisting the SFLA Field Team, Rock for Life Team, or Pro-Life Future Team on projects as they arise. Apprentices will report directly to the Executive Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participating in a one-week intensive training followed by monthly trainings
- Coordinating and leading community and campus outreach events
- Traveling to and running outreach booths at various youth conferences and music festivals
- Assisting with rapid response events on campuses and communities as they occur
- Basic office responsibilities, i.e. answering phones, assisting in daily operations
- Filling and shipping student resource orders
- Pro-life campus or community experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Good people skills
- Passionate about Life
- Good attitude and a willingness to problem solve and reach outside of comfort zone
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Tina Whittington at: email@example.com