Founding Partners: Medical Students for Life, Family Research Council & Keep Infants with Down Syndrome
First Annual Conference on Medical Advances in Prenatal Diagnoses
The Conference will bring together professionals from many different specialty areas, including genetic researchers, ob/gyn physicians, developmental pediatricians, hospital nursing staff, medical genetic counselors and medical students. Other invited participants and guests include peer ministry providers, social service support professionals, advocates for persons with disabilities and public policy specialists.
Preferential seating is being given to medical students and resident physicians, and you are cordially invited to attend. Please email Dr. Nadal ASAP (email@example.com), as the limited seats will be given on a first-come basis.
The goals of the Conference are:
- affirm the life and dignity of all persons, especially those diagnosed prenatally with a disability or lethal condition
- review how information about prenatal diagnoses of disability or lethal condition is currently delivered
- consider how this information might be delivered more comprehensively
- consider the impact of a new blood test for Down syndrome in obstetric care
- explain the work of the Council and its year-long engagement on prenatal diagnosis issues
- review best practices for postnatal care of infants with disabilities in perinatal hospice and in hospital, home and medical daycare settings
An agenda for the day will be available soon.